Since it’s nearing that weird time of the year where I feel like it’s too late to start another summer top, but it’s too early to focus on fall and winter knit pieces, I’ve been thinking a lot about home decor.
I know some people go a little overboard and knit everything, like cozies for their apples and eggs (seriously, WHY?!), but I tried to keep my knitting wish list a bit more practical!
As usual, there’s a mixture of free and not so free patterns, the pictures link to the ravelry pattern, and please share your favorite home decor item if I left it off the list!
- Table Runner – How gorgeous is this? It’s the perfect table decoration for summer, and I’ve always been a sucker for dandelions.
- Flowerpot/Vase/Mason Jar Cozies – Okay, cozies had to make the list, but these can sit out as decoration for a much longer period of time, so I had to add them.
- Magnetic Raindrops – Guys, this is so cute, and it has a function! I need to make a bunch of them. And maybe a cloud.
- Poufs – There are quite a few of these if you search ravelry. I love the idea of having a footstool or floor cushion handy.
- Clock – Remember when making your own clocks was all the rage on pinterest? (No? Was that just me?) Since I actually have knitting skills, this one might actually get done!
- Wall Art (Silhouettes and Bunnies!) – I’ve been thinking about knitting some wall art for quite some time now. I’m a huge fan of both of these collections.
- Hot Water Bottle Cover – This seems like one of those useless knit items, unless you regularly use your hot water bottle. Then I’d say it’s pretty essential. And so cute, too!
- Pillows (Sheep and Cable edition) – Throw pillows are essential to any properly decorated home (or so I hear) so I had to include these lovelies. The cablework in the first one is just stunning, and if I can combine functional and adorable, like in the Bobble Sheep, I all over it.