I’ve been knitting like crazy the last 2 months, and especially if you include a recent colorwork project, I have a TON of leftover scraps of yarn.
They’re usually long enough that I feel guilty throwing them away so I scoured the internet to figure out what I could do with them. Here are some of my favorite projects, click for more info!
1. Wrapping Gifts, from the book Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson.
2. Grab an embroidery hoop and wrap some spare yarn around it! You can hang glasses, jewelry, or anything else that’s fairly lightweight!
3. Use your scrap yarn and some pipe cleaners to spell out words. Click here for a tutorial.
4. If you want to continue to show off your scrap yarn, consider making mini skein earrings! Aren’t they adorable? Click here for a video tutorial.
5. Make a card! It doesn’t have to be for Valentine’s Day, but using heavyweight paper and a needle can yield some really cute results. Click here for the tutorial.
Note: A popular idea is putting scrap yarn out for birds to gather. If you do this, please make sure the yarn is between 4-8″ in length!